AMA Kenda Extreme Enduro Championship
California United States
2021 Last Dog Standing Event – May 15th-16th
• This race event will be made up of LD1, LD2 and LD3. You must qualify to move into the next rounds accordingly. The LDS endurance event is for an individual single rider on one bike (same bike).
• Tech inspection – All racers racing LD1 must go through tech inspection.
• LD2 start position will be determined by LD1 time. LD3 start position will be determined by LD2 time.
• Start will be TBD during riders meeting.
• LDS-1 Race – LDS-1 is your timed qualifier; your Overall
time will stage you for LD2. This will be approximately a 10–15-minute test
with mostly mild and some extreme terrain. In addition, there may be some
man-made obstacles. Staging for this event will be by class. (Pro, A, Pro
Woman, 45+, B, C, woman)
• LDS-2 Race – You must finish
LD1 to qualify for LDS2- LDS-2 is a ONE lap race on about 8+ mile loop
consisting of extreme terrain including steep down/up hills, endurocross,
severe single track, rock sections, and various other technical sections. The
length will be 40-50 min long for the leaders. If you cannot make a section,
you are finished and must return to pits. You will be scored accordingly based
on checks you passed. You CANNOT GO AROUND THE OBSTACLE! If caught, you will be
• LDS-3 Race - You must finish
within 60 min from the overall leader on adjusted time to qualify for LDS-3.
LDS-3 is a multi-lap race on about 8+ mile loop consisting of even more
extreme terrain including steep down/up hills, endurocross, severe single
track, rock sections, and various other technical sections. There will be new
sections added so watch for changes! The length will be 1-1/2 to 2 hours long
for the leaders. If you cannot make a section, you are finished and must return
to pits. Once the leader takes checker flag, we will resort to a Grand Rix
finish. You will be scored accordingly based on checks you passed. You CANNOT
GO AROUND THE OBSTACLE! If caught, you will be DQ’d
• Spotters, Course Workers and Flaggers are there for your safety and can only assist in a safety situation. They cannot provide rider assistance in forward advantage of an obstacle(s) or course section. Spotters will notify scoring of any course cutting.
• AMA Card REQUIRED. D37 Points requires a D-37 Membership.
• MINORS MUST COMPLY WITH “THE D-37 POLICY FOR MINORS ENTERING D-37 EVENTS” NO EXCEPTIONS.
• SEE http://www.district37ama.org/offroad/tools/Policy_Minors_EnteringD37_Events.pdf for more info. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO HAVE YOUR MINORS PAPERWORK COMPLETE & RIGHT BEFORE COMING TO SIGNUP.
• LDS entrants must be minimum 12 years old.
• Scoring - District 37 points for D37 Competition Card holders are issued For finishing the LD2 and LD3 is 100% points. Riders who finish both LD2 and LD3 will be scored on a 2 moto format. LDS racers will be scored in descending order. Pros will be scored off of 2 moto format of LD2/LD3.
Other Important Info
• For all LD races, we will have a pit area set up in middle of the loop. 5 MPH in Pits – Don’t get DQ’d for Speeding! If you have broken parts, need fuel, etc., this is the designated area.
• If you break down, move to the
side of the course out of the way. We will have sweep circulating after each
event to assist you. If you need assistance, give your rider number to a
passing rider. If you have given your number as needing assistance but are
subsequently able to make it back to the pits on your own, please check in with
the race referee and Rescue 3, signup before you go home
• Water will be available at certain Check Points for hydration.
• Riders are responsible for the actions of their support crews.
• Sign-up open Friday 5:00pm-9:00pm, Saturday 6:00am – 3:00pm
• Riders meeting at Signup Sunday at 7:30am – MANDATORY FOR ALL RIDERS, DON’T BE LATE!
• LDS-2 start 8:00am
• LDS-3 start 11:30am
• All racers will be assigned LDS race numbers/ staging stickers that must be placed on the bike. Numbers must be visible on front, left and right-side number plates. Prairie Dogs MC will supply race numbers.
• The course will be clearly marked with stakes and arrows. Stay on the marked course or you will be DQ’d; there will be spotters! For LDS-2 races, they are only One lap and will consist of approximate 5 Check Points. If you cannot successfully pass through the obstacle, you will need to return to pits. You will be scored accordingly per Check Points.
• Some of the course sections may require several attempts to pass! This is ok! Riders help out other Riders is also ok in navigating forward through obstacles.
• The course will change from LDS-1 - LDS-3. Please pay attention to markers.
• The course will be marked with arrows and ribbon (day glow pink ribbon).
• A single down arrow means danger ahead; pay attention, slow your pace.
• A double down arrow indicates a greater danger, meaning more precautions should be taken.
• A triple down arrow indicates extreme danger.
• Turn arrows will be placed along the course to indicate a turn ahead.
• Wrong way signs “W” are to indicate the wrong trail.
• If by chance you lose the course markings, stop and retrace your trail and look for markings
• Check ahead signs will be placed prior to the checks
• These checks are NOT flying checks; you must come to a complete STOP to get your number read and wrist band checked or risk a disqualification. Be courteous to the course workers and obey their directions. Do not leave the check until check worker releases you. ADDED NOTE: After coming to a complete stop and being released by the check worker, proceed to the end of chute at 5 MPH. DO NOT resume race speeds until you are out of the chute. DO NOT dust out the check workers. They know who you are and you will see them again! Some Checks may consist of an intersection where the course will cross over at Check – Pay attention and follow instructions to remain having FUN!
• Absolutely no passing in the check or finish chutes!
• REMINDER – course workers are there for SAFETY! They cannot assist you with forward progress through obstacles. However, other riders can provide you assistance with forward progress. Remember, it may take you several attempts to make it through a section - be courteous patient with other riders during their struggles!
• There is no home check at finish – it will be a traditional checkered flag finish line.
Have a fun safe ride and thank you for attending the 4th annual
LAST DOG STANDING event
PRAIRIE DOGS, MC
Pro Pay Back-Pro purse payout will pay out to the top 5 finishers. Any rider who completes both laps in LDS 3 will be eligible for 100% of the winnings designated to their finishing position. If a rider who has earned a top 5 finish (based on 2 moto scoring format) only completes 1 lap of LDS 3, they will only be eligible for 50% of the winnings designated to their finishing position. The remaining 50% of their payout will forfeited and put back into the purse and proportionately paid out to the remaining riders who have completed the full 2 laps of LDS 3.